Monday, August 25, 2014

Sockages

I mentioned in the last post that I cast on a pair of socks. They are for my Beloved Future Husband whom I refuse to diminish my raving about.

The yarn is from my ever-loving stash (more about the lovely stash later)

The main yarn is Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima 100 Socka 2085.
It is a nice 3-ply weight grey heather composed of three plies of brown-grey wool with two additional plies of black and white, and nylon for durability.

The toe, heel and stripes are knitted in an unidentifiable 3-ply cadet blue variegate.

I used the Turkish parallel needle cast on with two circular needles, size 1.

I finished the toe and a bit of forefoot in one night.

I placed 1x1 twisted rib and then 2x2 twisted rib for 1/2". (Durability in high stress area)

I then switched back to stockinette and added a cute blue stripe for 3 rounds before switching back to grey.

I shall add more later. But for now, back to knitting this sock for my Dear Loving Future Husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment